Saturday, January 3, 2015

Here we go again.... My Fitness Goals for 2015

So in 2014 I went from doing no fitness training to running two 5Ks NS six 10Ks, playing my first few games of tag rugby, completing a Summer Fitness Challenge and the 12 Days of Insanity, doing a beginners rock climbing course and taking part in a Marathon Relay challenge. I've achieved so much more than I ever expected to and in 2015 I aim to set the bar higher and achieve even more. I'm writing this blog so that I'm publically

Starting next week I'm begining the LSP's "New Year, New Start" challenge. Similar to the Summer Fitness Challenge, its an 8 week programme with the Campus Run (or Track Attack) on a Monday, Track Attack on a Wednesday and a taster of different activities on Friday evening. At either end of the eight weeks, there's a fit test so you can see how much you've improved. Last time I had huge gains in all areas and this time around, I want to go even further.

Secondly I want to run more. I've sent the Great Limerick Run as my target with a goal of 60 minutes or less. This is a big ask but I'm confident if I put my mind to it I can do it. Other races coming up in the meantime include the Milford 10K, the Adare 10K and the Plassey 10K

Thirdly I want to hike more. With Mount Fuji coming up in the summer I need to get out on the hills more and become mountain fit. One of my goals this year is to finally summit Galtymore - the one mountain in Ireland that has defeated time and again.

I'd also like to play a bit more tag rugby and get to a few more Insanity and Body Pump classes.


No comments: