Sunday, January 20, 2013

Barry Gets Fit - Week 2

Another week done and dusted. I wrote last week about how I didn't think I'd get much walking done this week due to my wisdom teeth. The surgury didn't happen due to a family bereavement  Despite the craziness of the week I managed to get out walking on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Due to the miserable weather, my pace slowed down to 10mins/km on Monday and Wednesday but by Friday I was back on 9 mins. Didn't make it to the climbing wall this week and it'll probably be two weeks before i make it there again unfortunately.

On Saturday morning I was off out on the hills of Tipperary to climb Keeper Hill with my Scouts. Great day out. Not only did I do the hike with no bother, I managed to help a young scout who was struggling to make up the mountain with I was really happy with. And when I got home, I still had enough energy to hit the town for a night out

Two weeks into my fitness attempt and i'm feeling great. I'm sleeping better, I have more energy and confidence and I'm able to enjoy a night out again with feeling wrecked after one pint. This coming week the bike comes out and i'm started the Couch to 5k plan. I've also signed up for the Castleconnel 10k walk next month. Onward and upward.

No comments: